MESSAGE FROM THE CAPT. NARESH KUMAR JOSHI (RETD)
Dear worthy and potential Officer(s) of the prestigious Indian Armed Forces,
1. I extend my greetings and sincerely acknowledge your decision to make a career in the Indian Armed Forces and positively contribute to the national security.
2. Indian Armed Forces promise one of the most prestigious and respected careers in the country, and symbolise the ideals of service, patriotism and composite culture of the country. An Armed Forces career promises both professional and personal growth at every stage and plays a big role in moulding the officers into leaders capable of leading from the front in any field. The adventure and extra-curricular activities in the Armed Forces ensure an all-round development essential in today's world.
3. An individual desirous of a career in the Armed Forces as an Officer would need a high degree of academic knowledge, general awareness, confidence, physical fitness, behavioural and social characteristics. These are assessed by the Services Selection Boards (SSBs) by means of his performance over a period of five days.
4. There is no short cut to personality development. Appropriate environment is mandatory for effective and efficient grooming of a young individual to mature well and assume higher responsibilities. Earlier it starts, better it is for the young minds. NDA is the earliest and the best opportunity for an Armed Forces enthusiast. He is picked up at the young age of 17/18 years, trained, transformed and commissioned as an able and competent Officer by the age of 21/22 years, thereby well set in a promising career of status and adventure.
5. Chanakya Defence College is a full-fledged, well established and self-contained unit completely focussed and committed towards holistic development of young minds and their personalities, and preparing them for joining the prestigious Indian Armed Forces. In addition to a competent Academic faculty, the College, on their panel, has qualified and well experienced Ex-Services Selection Board officers, who guide the students regarding the nuances and procedures of the Selection Procedure at the SSBs.
6. I consider it my proud privilege and take this opportunity to welcome you at this institution to be part of our family and confidently set course to realise your dreams.
Wishing you success in all endeavours. With best wishes…
Captain Naresh Kumar Joshi (Retd)